Our wedding commission brings together the best of our documentary technique and narrative style to create a seamless and highly personalized wedding photography experience, including:
- All day coverage. Whether you are having a two-hour elopement or a three-day Hindu wedding, we will be on-hand to document every single moment of your wedding, from getting ready to your send off.
- Focus on the distinctive narrative of your day. You are looking to capture the energy and emotion of your day, to see your narrative and yours alone. We want the creative freedom to explore the connections unfolding before us to take heed of the opportunities that will allow us to make the timeless captures of your wedding you really want. 10% of coverage will focus on posed pictures, specifically family and wedding party groups and experimental, fine art couples portraits. The remaining 90% of coverage is focused on documentary style capture. No table pictures, no stiff poses, no missing out on your incredible celebration.
- Engagement session, up to three hours. The beginning of your narrative with a focus on portraits. We collaboratively craft an itinerary that is meant to be interactive for you and your partner so we can begin a dialogue that allows us find a comfortable balance between candid documentation and suggested posing.
- Two photographers, always. We work in tandem, usually with one of us taking the lead according to our individual strengths as image makers. It's a well coordinated dance: one of us will documenting getting ready while the other tackles details and candid b-roll. We communicate to assist with the first look, help each other wrangle family for group pictures and collaborate on portrait posing and setting. In this way, we are always focused on creating dynamic captures of your wedding instead of figuring out logistics.
- Meetings with R&O, in person or via phone calls. Communication is central to the work we will do. The initial consultation, venue walkthrough, planning sessions and post-wedding meetings are an integral part of the R&O experience. No stone is left unturned before your celebration takes place.
- Password-protected online gallery with high resolution downloads of your images for at least 90 days with an online store to purchase archival, fine art prints printed through our trusted professional fine art printer.
This commission is not designed to be altered. No a la carte additions or custom pricing. Just comprehensive coverage coupled with outstanding photographs and an experience you won’t soon forget.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is documentary photography? Documentary is primarily concerned with narrative, using candid photography. In simpler terms, we do not pose our images. About 90% of the day is candid, the other 10% consists of family groupings and portraits, and we prefer to use suggestion to create the "posing" we are looking for in those images. We shoot unobtrusively and often hear from past couples how feather-footed we are!
When can we expect to see our photographs? Weddings are delivered to your proofing gallery six to eight weeks after your wedding date. Engagement sessions are also delivered via your proofing gallery two weeks after your session date.
How many photographs should we expect to receive? On average, a full wedding yields a carefully selected 400-700 images. We shoot and cull for the best possible narrative to your day, so we do not share outtakes from your wedding.
Do you travel for weddings? We travel domestically and internationally to photograph weddings. Our travel fee is simple: a flat rate of $400 for domestic travel outside of California + the cost of one night of accommodations. For international travel, we ask that you cover RT airfare + 2 nights of accommodations.
How much is wedding investment? Investment is $4,500 for all-inclusive coverage of your wedding day, an engagement session, and a password-protected gallery of your images where you can purchase archival-quality fine art prints and share images digitally with friends & family.
What if I am having a multi-day wedding? Multi-day weddings (up to three days) will incur an additional flat rate fee of $1,000 per day. Weddings that take place over the course of multiple days tend to require much longer hours, thus requiring more image output and overall work.
How does the payment schedule work? A 50% retainer is due with a signed contract. Remaining balance is due 30 days before the wedding.
Can I get my retainer back if my wedding is canceled? Sorry, but retainers are non-refundable.
We want to book you as our wedding photographers! Let's do it! We book on a case-by-case basis in an effort to work with couples who share the same ideals and philosophies about community and marriage as we do. Please understand we cannot hold dates without a signed contract and non-refundable retainer. We appreciate your understanding and thoughtful consideration of our work!